Our goal is to provide a Safe, Secure, Fun and Spiritually Challenging environment to help your children learn that Jesus loves them and wants a relationship with them.
Our Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers look forward to partnering with you to help your child grow in a genuine faith and love for Christ. Thank you for taking the time to check out the Elementary Ministry at Prince Avenue Baptist Church! It is our prayer that you as a parent recognize that our goal is to partner with you as you walk with your child along their personal spiritual journey with Jesus. We understand that the discipleship of your child is ext
remely important to you, so you will find that we focus on these three areas that pertain to your child:
- Safety – We have a multifaceted security plan in place to make sure that your child’s experience is as safe and carefree as possible.
- a. Every child must be checked-in and wearing a security badge at all times.
- b. Parents will receive a matching tag to present to the classroom volunteer at pick up.
- c. We have security volunteers at our entrance doors to check for security badges.
- d. All volunteers must have completed an application process and criminal background check.
- e. We also have monitored and recording security cameras in place to provide enhanced security at the entrances and exits.
- Biblical Foundation – We strive to have everything we teach find its foundation within a Biblical Worldview.
- Fun – We know that for a child to want to come, the experience must be fun, so we have included energetic worship, personal instruction, friendly leaders and creative recreation! We even make great use of the school gym, an outdoor playground, and our outdoor pavilion!
Raising Up Missionaries
We believe that God wants us to see ourselves as missionaries to the world in which we live in, no matter where that may be. We pray that Prince Kids understand that it’s not enough to just show up at church once or twice a week. We are expected to live out our faith everywhere we go. God has gifted us with talents and spiritual gifts to be used to spread the Gospel wherever we go. As our children grow older, we want to give them opportunities to explore these gifts and begin to develop their unique design for ministry.
On your first visit to Prince Avenue, please take time to visit the Guest check-in desk to receive your child’s security badge. We will be glad to escort you to your child’s room and answer any questions we can regarding our ministry! Our Elementary Ministry meets upstairs in the main building. The best entrance to the building would be entrance “C”. This will give you a direct climb up the stairs to our Clubhouse Entrance on the right. Elementary programming is designed for children in grades K5-5th. We have friendly staff waiting at our check-in desk to help your child connect to an exciting Sunday School group.
On Sunday’s, we offer Sunday school at 9:15 am where children will be systematically taught God’s Word as they walk through the Bible with children of their same grade and developmental level. We currently use Lifeway’s Bible Study for Life Curriculum.
Following Sunday School, during the 10:30am worship service, children are taken to Kids Worship. Here they learn more about God’s incredible plan for their lives through music, drama, and Bible teaching. (The last Sunday of each month we feature a Family Worship Sunday where parents and children attend the main worship service together.)
On Wednesdays (during the school year), we offer an exciting, scripture-based, mentoring program called AWANA Go! (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed). Children have the opportunity to earn awards through scripture memory and participation games, along with intentionally having mentor time each Wednesday. Our children are divided into age-graded and gender specific groups.
If possible, please pre-register your child with the link below before your first visit. This will help us have you in our security system and speed up your sign in process. Follow the link below.
- July 9 Pump It Up! 12:30-2:30pm; Bring the kids and join us for an afternoon of jumping fun! Cost for this event is only $5/jumper and you may register HERE.
- July 12 Summer Splash is back! Come beat the heat with inflatable water slides, slip-n-slide and snow cones. This is a free event from 1:00-3:00 on the PABC field and everyone is invited.
- July 23 Family Movie Night – Wonder (check out the Plugged In Online review to decide if this movie is appropriate for the age of your child). Bring your blankets and join us for popcorn and a movie beginning at 6:00 in the Children’s Theater. This night will be all about a movie and a mission. Families will work together to sort items for the ACTS Food Bank from 6:00-6:30, with the movie to follow. Bring a canned good or two to add to bless local families.
- July 24 Pre-teen and Student Ministry Mission Project—For rising 4th – 12th grade students. We start at 10:00 on the 24th for a back to school mission project. Students will assemble baskets for local elementary, middle and high school staff members and deliver them to each school while stopping to pray for the staff and students who will be entering those school for the new school year. Afterwards, students may stay for a pizza lunch. **Please bring $2 if you plan to eat pizza or bring a sack lunch if pizza is not your child’s favorite! Non-driving students will call or text when the project is complete.
Our Weekly Schedule!
- 9:15a-10:30a – Sunday School
- 10:30a-12:00p – Kids Worship (the last Sunday of each month – Family Worship)
- 5:00-6:30p – PraiseKidz Children’s Choir (during the school year)
- 6:15p-7:45pm – AWANA Go! (during the school year) – Summer @ Prince during the Summer
If you would like to know more about our ministry, please email us at email@example.com or complete the following form and we will be back in touch as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can also visit us on our Facebook page here.